News & EventsLatest NewsCalendar
Match Report: Ruthin Town FC 2-3 Airbus UK Broughton FC

Match Report: Ruthin Town FC 2-3 Airbus UK Broughton FC

Michelle Griffiths4 Feb - 08:20
Share via

A battling second half performance gives the Wingmakers three points

Three changes for the Wingmakers from the impressive win against Flint, Dan Wood and Dan Collins coming in for Stephen Tomassen and Jordan Evans. Kaiden Cooke replacing the suspended George Peers.

Airbus struggled to get their rhythm going in the first 10 minutes getting used to a difficult pitch. Lanceley had an effort on goal but this didn’t trouble the Ruthin goalkeeper Goldston.

Ruthin started the brighter of the two teams pressing the Airbus back four and on 10 minutes they had their first shot but a brilliant save down low to his right by Jones denied Ruthin an opener.

Ruthin were the ones looking likely to score and on 21 minutes Jones made another fantastic save down to his left to push the ball to safety.
Ruthin were the better team in an uneventful first half.

Airbus started the second half a little brighter and on the front foot and 3 minutes in to the half, Collins found Lindfield with a perfectly clipped ball, but Lindfield’s shot was saved comfortably by Goldston.

Shortly after, a challenge on the edge of the penalty area rewarded Ruthin with a penalty.

The Penalty was brilliantly despatched by Dyer sending Jones the wrong way.

Just after Ruthin scored there was change in the defensive set-up with Wisset replacing Cooke.
And not long after Davies was introduced to the fold for Rushton and it didn’t take long for Davies to make his mark.

On 64 minutes he put Airbus level, when a great ball from Palmer found Davies down the left, where Davies cut in onto his right foot and unleashed a superb strike which nestled in the top corner.

Airbus stepped it up a gear after Davies’ equaliser giving Ruthin no time to settle and with 20 minutes to go, Airbus doubled their lead.

A brilliant corner from Palmer was delivered into the Ruthin box, Wood was there to flick the ball on and Lanceley converted the ball into the back of the net.

Airbus’ lead was cut short 4 minutes later, when Owen collected the ball on the left for Ruthin and he cut inside on to his right foot and his shot was curled brilliantly past Jones to make it 2-2.

Going into the last 10 minutes and the game was very open, but Airbus made their pressure count when a great ball from K.Evans on the left was flicked on by Collins for Lindfield to run in and slot the ball home.

Airbus made hard work for themselves on a very difficult pitch, but they managed to hold on and take home the three points.

Further reading